Guide to Reach Shri Kshetra Ganagapura Dattatreya Temple
Ganagapur Datta Temple (located in Deval Ghangapur) is situated at around 23 kms from ‘Ganagapur Road’ (Railway Station Name) in Karnataka.
- Nearest City is Gulbarga at 40 kms (approx).
- Distance from Sholapur (Solapur) to Ganagapur is around 95 kms (approx).
- Distance from Hyderabad to Ganagapur is 250 kms (approx) and Road Route for Travelling is via Humnabad, Kamlapur, Bidar, Gulbarga, Ganagapur.
- Distance from Mumbai to Ganagapur is around 530 kms and Route for travelling by Road is Via Pune, Solapur, Akkalkot, Ganagapur.
- Distance from Pune to Ganagapur is around 350 kms (Via Solapur,Akkalkot).
- Distance from Ahmednagar (Maharashtra) to Ganagapur is around 330 kms (Via Barshi Solapur,Akkalkot).
- Distance from Bangalore to Ganagapur is around 610 kms and Travel Route by Road is Via Bellary,Gulbarga,Ganagapur (or can also be via Chitradurga.
- Distance from Mysore to Ganagapur is around 700 kms (Via Chitradurga)
Note: The above mentioned distances are just approx and the actual distance depends upon the Route you choose.Railways (Train Names and Timings) to Sri Kshetra Ganagapur from Major Cities :
Most Convenient Trains from Mumbai to Gangapur having a stop at Ganagapur Road (Station Name) are :
- Udyan Express – 11301 (Departs Mumbai CST at 8:05am and arrives at Ganagapur at 5:43pm)
- Husainsagar Exp – 12701 (Departs Mumbai CST at 9:50pm and arrives at Ganagapur at 6:48am)
- Chennai Mail – 11027 (Departs Mumbai CST at 11:45pm and arrives at Ganagapur at 10:46am)
- Coimbatore Express – 11013 which departs from Kurla Terminus at 10.10 PM & departs from Kalyan 11.15 in the night. It reaches Ganagapur at 8.08 AM on the next day Morning.
The Only Convenient Train from Hyderabad to Gangapur having a stop at Ganagapur Road is :
- Husainsagar Exp – 12702 (Departs from Hyd Deccan at 2:45pm and arrives at Ganagapur at 7:16pm)
The Convenient Trains from Bangalore to Ganagapura having a stop at Ganagapur Road are :
- Lokmanya TT Exp – 11014 (Departs Bang CY JN at 4pm and arrives at Ganagapur at 4:09am)
- Basava Express – 17307 (Departs Bang CY JN at 5pm and arrives at Ganagapur at 5:19am)
- Udyan Exp – 11302 (Departs Bang CY JN at 8pm and arrives at Ganagapur at 9:14am)
Details of Trains from other Cities like Pune,Mysore,Secunderabad etc to Ganagapur can also be found usingIRCTC or www.indiarailinfo.com.
After getting down at Ganagapur Road (Station) one can reach Ganagapur temple by a Bus or the Sharing Autos.There are many Trains to Gulbarga from all Major Cities so One may also get down at Gulbarga Station and then travel to Ganagapur by Bus or Private vehicles.Gulbarga Railway Station Enquiry : 08472 266611
Ganagapur Road Railway Station Enquiry 08470 266042It takes around 2-3 hours maximum to perform Pooja / Abhishekam at Ganagapur Dattatreya Temple by a family.Contact the Main Priest (Pradhan Archakas) of the Temple for Performing any Pooja Vidhi(Archane / Abhishekam) & Sevas at the Temple :Shri Anand Divakarbhatt Pujari (09035479569) orShri Sadashiv Divakarbhatt Pujari (08050204841)
Proper Accommodation (Rooms in Lodge) and Pooja (Sevas) can also be booked if informed in advance. Accommodation must be booked well in advance if you are to visit Ganagapur during Pournima, Amavasya, Thursdays, Sundays or during any Festivals.
How to Reach Dattatreya Devasthan(Nirgun Math Temple) at Sri Kshetra Ganagapur
Planning for a Holy Trip (Pilgrimage) to Ganagapur,Akkalkot,Tuljapur and Pandharpur Kshetras ?
The People visiting Ganagapur nowadays generally plan for a trip covering the 4 kshetras located nearby viz Sri Datta Kshetra Ganagapur, Sri Swami Samarth Kshetra Akkalkot, Sri Panduranga (Vithhala) Kshetra Pandharpur and Ambabai Kshetra Tuljapur.
Below is the Info regarding the Distances of these Kshetras from Ganagapur ;
- Akkalkot is located at a distance of around 40kms form Solapur.
- Tuljapur is located at a distance of around 50kms from Solapur.
- Pandharpur is located at a distance of around 75kms from Solapur.
- Distance from Shri Kshetra Ganagapur to Akkalkot is around 70kms and akkalkot can be reached by Road or Railways.
- Distance between Tuljapur and Pandharpur is around 120kms and has to be reached via Solapur Route.
One may plan the Trip as per your convenience and start up with the any of the 4 Kshetra. But if you are travelling by Train you can book a ticket till Ganagapur Road (Station around 22kms from Temple Ganagapur) and continue with the other 3 Kshetras after Ganagapur.
For more about Pooja & Sevas (Archane/Abhisheka) at Ganagapur Temple click here.
An Article by –
Ankur Pujari (09035479569)
Sri Kshetra Ganagapur – 585212